2018 Football Schedule: 2-9 0-7 SEC
10/20 Tulsa HOME W 23 - 0
10/27 Vanderbilt HOME L 31 - 45
11/10 LSU HOME L 17 - 24
11/17 Miss State AWAY L 6 - 52
   Home   Help Search Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cole Kelley named starter  (Read 89 times)
RBLtoHOG
Posting Bot 3000

« on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:30 PM »

What are your thoughts? I thought it would be Storey but from what I've ready, Ty will play, probably alternating every 3 series. Wouldn't be surprised to see the freshmen also getting some reps. With the new red shirt rules, we could see them getting some PT without burning the RS. 
NeverYield
Asstastic
Postmaster General

Woo Pig

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:35:25 AM »

I think we see 3 and maybe even 4 guys.  At least I'm hoping we do, both in that we're up big enough to do so and that I hope they truly want a look at Cole, Ty, Dalton Hyatt and Connor Noland.

If you can play in as many as 4 games and still red shirt then get those guys out there for a bit and see what they can do.
Noland, Hyatt and then next year KJ Jefferson are going to be the future QB of this style of offense so I hope we get the opportunity to see what they can do.

Cole and Ty will most likely be the only 2 guys we use as we get into the meat of the schedule this season but next year it should truly be an open competition and the most dynamic qb will be the guy who gets to lead the team.

This isn't so much of a weakness for us as it is just the new standard in college football.
Alabama has yet to name a starter and Georgia and Florida have a real battle at qb that could be different from week to week and Clemson just named Kelly Bryant the starter yesterday even though he was a stud last year.  USC is starting a true freshman and so is Nebraska (First time in Husker history)
hoosier
Yankee Modulator
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 05:49:33 AM »

I like Kelly. I don't expect him to lose the starting job

Next year's gonna be a disaster.....

Rev
XXer
Postern Watchdog
Posting Bot 3000

We are Arkansas

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »

I like Kelly. I don't expect him to lose the starting job
I wont be asking you for any lottery numbers...

ONLY FAGGITS EAT TEXASS CHILLY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: