2019 Football Schedule: 0-0 0-0 SEC
08/31 Portland State HOME ? ? - ?
09/07 Ole Miss AWAY ? ? - ?
09/14 Colorado State HOME ? ? - ?
09/21 San Jose State HOME ? ? - ?
   Home   Help Search Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hey ppl... Marinades  (Read 9281 times)
hogfan#1
Coke Can
Postmaster General

« on: May 23, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »

When I get back from vacation I'll be grillin on a regular basis.  This should make C happy since she is not a fan of my current diet.   Anyway I need a good marinade for chicken.   Also need a good marinade for Pork. 

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Benjamin Franklin
RP
There are some who call me...Tim
Designated Dranker
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »

I'm surprised that nobody has joined in.  I avoid all "prepared" solutions due to my irrational fear of MSG and any of its derivatives, so I doubt you'd be interested in the bland stuff I do.  But I would be interested to see what people have to suggest.
hogfan#1
Coke Can
Postmaster General

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »

The number of suggestions I've gotten amazes me.  Don't you ppl fricking grill stuff?

Benjamin Franklin
RP
Designated Dranker
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »

Okay, I'll put something here.  Maybe the incredible boring suckiness of it will motivate others to come here to make fun of me...and then some will post real marinades.  I tend to go for quick, easy and fairly mild as I don't like really spicy food.

So I'll just mix some olive oil, either balsamic vinegar OR lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and a few aromatic green herbs like sage, basil, etc.  If I want a tiny kick of flavor I might add curry powder.
hogfan#1
Coke Can
Postmaster General

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »

Okay, I'll put something here.  Maybe the incredible boring suckiness of it will motivate others to come here to make fun of me...and then some will post real marinades.  I tend to go for quick, easy and fairly mild as I don't like really spicy food.

So I'll just mix some olive oil, either balsamic vinegar OR lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and a few aromatic green herbs like sage, basil, etc.  If I want a tiny kick of flavor I might add curry powder.

Thanks RP.  I'll give it a shot.

Benjamin Franklin
Razornole
Captain Audubon
Posting Bot 3000

Damnit Bobby!

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »

a bottle of Italian salad dressing works on fish, chicken and is ok on London broil

Official CooperTM nickname: Al Bundy
Hoag Hotties
http/www.http://www.screenjunkies.com/moviephoto/25-sexy-stormtroopers

http://www.retirement-solutions.us/images/retiresolution-taxesgraph.jpg

George Washington's healthcare mandate: provided that all oceangoing ship owners provide catastrophic health insurance for seamen and it required all seamen to purchase it. That was in 1792.
TOBS
Cunning Linguist
Administrator
Posting Bot 3000

I'm THE LAW around here

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:35 AM »

I don't typically marinade things I'm going to grill.  I dunno why, but I don't.  I usually just use bbq sauce

It's all sh*ts and giggles until someone giggles and sh*ts. 
C
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »

This!! 

I have a brown sugar and dijon mustard one I use on fish and stuff I'll post it when I get home and can get to my recipies

Either I don't know what the f*** even mean or ritalin has crack cocaine in it.
SteveInArk
Hall Of Fame

AKA ... Steve

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »

I don't typically marinade things I'm going to grill.  I dunno why, but I don't.  I usually just use bbq sauce
Neither do we usually, just dry rub a few hours earlier.  Then BBQ sauce cooked on at the end.  However, "sometimes" I will marinate big pork chops in Wicker's marinade and baste ...  it's pretty "vinegary", but makes for a change we like at times.

For chicken wings on the grill, when just the wife and I, we base with it from start till finish.  No BBQ sauce on those ... just cook the hell out of them till edges blackened.  That's an acquired taste tho', not sure everyone would like that.  
Lucky
Lady of the Board
Administrator
Posting Bot 3000

Official Cooper™ nickname: Foxy Mama/Sharkgirl

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »

I like to use Lowery's marinade for chicken. I let the chicken soak in it for about an hour before I cook it.

"Just know that I care about you a ton, love you to death, and want us to be together forever"

I just wanna be able to fold you up and put you in my pocket so you're always with me.
Then I think of how uncomfortable you'd be all cramped in my pants.
Barman
Dr. Disturbo
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »

I like to use Lowery's marinade for chicken. I let the chicken soak in it for about an hour before I cook it.

Lowery's does make a good teryaki marinade.

but, I'm with RP on this one.......sounds pretty much like what I use
Slacker
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »

I'm a fan of the rub. Not much on soaking.
twistitup
Red Shirt

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:26 AM »

Simple italian dressing is a wonderful marinade for chicken....Let it soak in overnight- it also keeps it moist - over the grill this is important. Chicken breast can dry out quickly.
C
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 05:29:29 AM »

Simple italian dressing is a wonderful marinade for chicken....Let it soak in overnight- it also keeps it moist - over the grill this is important. Chicken breast can dry out quickly.

this right here

Either I don't know what the f*** even mean or ritalin has crack cocaine in it.
RP
Designated Dranker
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 06:31:11 AM »

I have used Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette straight out of the bottle, with reasonable success.  I was on a biz trip and had a tiny kitchen in my hotel suite but didn't have a full array of spices, utensils, etc.
hogfan#1
Coke Can
Postmaster General

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »

Done that many a time. 

Benjamin Franklin
Slacker
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »

Done that many a time.  

Lazy and way to vinegary. You suck as a griller.

Really. You suck. Pouring salad dressing on your meat and bragging about it?  Pitiful.
RP
Designated Dranker
Posting Bot 3000

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 08:54:31 PM »

But otherwise, how do you feel about it?

I don't routinely do that.  But on a semi-related note, I guess you'd hate the chicken dish my wife sometimes makes (not grilled) where you basically reduce down vinegar into a powerful brown goo and cook the chicken in that.  Turns the kitchen into gas chamber that makes chopping up fresh onions look like a spring breeze, but it produces a spicy, tangy flavor that's like a third cousin of BBQ.
Slacker
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »

But otherwise, how do you feel about it?

I don't routinely do that.  But on a semi-related note, I guess you'd hate the chicken dish my wife sometimes makes (not grilled) where you basically reduce down vinegar into a powerful brown goo and cook the chicken in that.  Turns the kitchen into gas chamber that makes chopping up fresh onions look like a spring breeze, but it produces a spicy, tangy flavor that's like a third cousin of BBQ.

Yes. Leave the women in the kitchen and the grilling to the men. If that is what you are getting at....
twistitup
Red Shirt

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »

Lazy and way to vinegary. You suck as a griller.

Really. You suck. Pouring salad dressing on your meat and bragging about it?  Pitiful.

Aren't you acting a little like a little bbq bitch? Who died and made you bbq god? Pitiful? I would say your pretty f'ing pitiful sitting behind a keyboard 'acting' like a bbq toughguy. STFU.

Restaurants use ital as marinade ALL THE TIME  - with rave reviews. If you don't like it, fine - otherwise,  to each his own - Jackass.

And your the same genius that says brisket doesn't need to be marinated....You lazy?
Slacker
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »

Kiss my ass you lazy ass!!!! Salad dressing.... Really?  c'mon man......
twistitup
Red Shirt

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »

Kiss my ass you lazy ass!!!! Salad dressing.... Really c'mon man......

Who the frick are you to be the judge? Oh....mr I make my own marinade - bet thats great stuff. Open a bbq restaurant and stfu if you are so special. You sound like a 12yr old bitch with a grilled corncob up your ass.

Lazy is the MASTER BBQ guy who CLAIMS brisket don't need a marinade ----need a drink with that brisket, is it stuck in your throat?
Slacker
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 09:57:55 PM »

Who the frick are you to be the judge? Oh....mr I make my own marinade - bet thats great stuff. Open a bbq restaurant and stfu if you are so special. You sound like a 12yr old bitch with a grilled corncob up your ass.

I can out cook you and your salad dressing....
twistitup
Red Shirt

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 09:59:30 PM »

I can out cook you and your salad dressing....

Wow...bbq tough guy~ WINNER!

Once again you sound 12, congratulations.
Slacker
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »

Wow...bbq tough guy~ WINNER!

Once again you sound 12, congratulations.

I have graduated beyond salad dressing. Annnnd, soaking brisket. Be glad to help if you want some recipes....other than salad dressing....   
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: